Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sugar, oh honey honey

First day of the sugar detox went fairly well. Except that I already have some kind of sinus cold and wouldn't have noticed a sugar detox headache anyway. My ears won't stop popping and my head feels like it's under water. Feeling ill agrees with my diet goals. I avoided all sugar except for the peach I had after a large cup of chicken noodle soup. Tomorrow it gets harder as I attempt to cut out white breads, potatoes, and white pasta. I'm ready. I have a loaf of 100 % whole wheat in the fridge and whole wheat pasta in the pantry. I was surprised that these items do have some sugar in them. But I guess you can't get away from it in processed food.

The hard part was as I perused the grocery store for bread and soup all the temptation called to me.The grocery store cleverly sticks the bread and fruit next to the baked goods. Oh, I love to have tea and cookies when I don't feel good. I stuck to my guns and avoided the sweets. Then I headed to the bananas remembering I  needed to have some fruit in the house for my husband's lunch and breakfast. Nilla wafers sit next to the bananas urging me to me make banana pudding. Thankfully I didn't head for the strawberries or I would've been assaulted by whipped cream and Angel food cake. Sugar, you are everywhere.

Speaking of which I decided to forgo my usual "sick" drink: Sprite.  I browsed the juice section and grabbed a bottle of unsweetened tea. I read the label and was confused. There were too many poly this or poly that's to belong in a glass of tea. I was under the impression that tea was boiled leaves and water. I decided to stick to soup and water. If I want tea I can boil some water and tea bags at home.

So all in all day one was not so bad. Let's see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment