Monday, January 2, 2012

"You're kidding right?"

Hello readers,

It's been a while and I am sad to report that this week's weigh in was less than gratifying. It's been a crazy week with the slew of holiday parties and increasing work loads and I gained nearly three pounds this week, 2.8 lbs. to be exact. I am not pleased. When I saw the number my response was , "You're kidding right?"

I was considering asking the girl behind the counter if she was playing a trick on me and tipping the scale. But, she assured me the number was correct. I decided to forgo the meeting because I was that upset and felt the need to move and not sit and listen to others celebrate their weight loss.I kept going over what I could've done wrong but couldn't think of anything ... at first.

On the surface I ate very well and stayed in my allotted points range. But I did drink more Coke Zero than water this week and added an additional cup of coffee practically everyday. I guess without water the bloat follows. Top it off with the fact that I replaced quality foods with low cal sweets. Yes, the points range was safe but I was still eating junk and it really showed on the scale.

I'm going to take some sound advice and up my veggie and fruit intake. I will replace diet soft drinks with water and head to bed earlier to avoid the need for an extra cup of coffee. I may not lose all the gained weight for this week but at least I will be back on the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment