Sunday, January 22, 2012

In the Name of Progress

As I work on my weight loss goals I've had to deal with my share of disappointments. My weight fluctuates with the amount of stress and let's just say lady days. Last week was proof of that when during my cycle I gained a pound. I know it's not much and yet it was a hard thing to stomach. And yet it was all my stomach's fault well, partly.

I become a chocolate fool during my time of the month. The candy jar at work was no help. I kept adding Hershey's miniatures to my coffee until it became a chocolate mess. The truth was it was pretty gross and yet I couldn't help myself. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed in myself when I stepped on the scale. But I was grateful for the support of the woman who weighed me. She reminded me that more than likely I was holding onto water weight. My husband reminded me that every road to weight loss has its own pace. Losing weight in a healthy manner meant that there would be some downfalls and some plateaus.

Keeping that in mind I worked harder this week. First thing I did was toss away the candy dish. I got loads of support from my co-workers and I felt good about my actions. Later, I added more water and reduced my salt and soft drinks. Even diet coke can't be that good if you drink more of it than water. With these changes made I was happy to find that I lost 1.6 lbs this week.

It looks like we're back on track and I will do my best to keep up the good work. Until next time keep on working.

No comments:

Post a Comment