Sunday, February 19, 2012

Almost a Quarter Down!

It's been a while since I've been on here and my weight loss is still going strong. Just not fast enough frankly.  My group leader says I should remember that losing weight slowly is a good thing for reaching and maintaining long tern goals. I just want to get into a pair of size 8 jeans already.

But, I suppose she's got a point. I do tend to get hung up on the amount of weight loss or the number I see on the scale. So far I've lost just over 7 lbs.  and while I'm pleased with that I can't help but wonder how much farther along I would be if I hadn't been tripped up over the holidays.  And of course other things stall my progress as well, my visits from mother nature, my love of Coke Zero, and the occasional over indulgence. Still, progress is progress.

Besides, the slow but thankfully steady decline of my weight one more thing bothers me and that is really allowing myself to enjoy a treat without guilt. That's a hard one. Every time I go to a meeting I am tempted by two point chips, or three point chocolate bars. One of the newest snack bars is a chocolate-caramel-pretzel bar. Yum. I never buy them because I fear them. I am afraid that if I even have low point foods in my house I will eat them instead of food and balloon. Looks like I need to work on more than my weight. So as I said almost a quarter down but still no less neurotic. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment