Wednesday, October 19, 2011

When you're hungry

When you've gotten into the habit of indulging it's hard to cut back. Just eating responsibly can be torture. Or at least it feels that way for me. The last few days I've returned to counting calories. It's helped a bit. I've actually lost a couple of pounds in spite of my forays into candy land. The hard part is not getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday I ate  oatmeal for breakfast with almonds and cranberries. I logged that at 300 calories. Lunch was simple at another 300 calories. I snacked on fruit and managed to be full. Then I headed home and the wait in traffic fueled my hunger. I decided to make tacos and added lots of veggies for extra crunch. In all the time it took to prepare it I grew hungrier.

As I sat down to dinner I forgot all about pacing myself and ate, and ate, and ate. I overdid it and I blew my calorie limit. I could kick myself and feel guilty but I decided to pace myself today. It seems that I had to as I ate so much that I was still full this morning.  Being ill from food gave me time to think and relax when I had dinner tonight. Maybe I went about it the wrong way but it seems I taught myself a little something. It's important to pace yourself; even when you're hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment